Owner: Rahul Agarwal
Group members: 7
Metabolomics is the comprehensive and quantitative analysis of multiple metabolites in biological samples.
Metabolome is the complete set of small-molecule metabolites found within a single biological
Targeted metabolomics aims to quantify a set of predefined metabolites in a sample.
Untargeted (sometimes termed ‘global’) metabolomics aims to quantitatively measure the levels of all metabolites.
Metabolomics Biomarkers may be useful for four main purposes:
1) controlled trials
2) dietary intakes in observational studies
3) explaining the biological effects of the diet
4) characterizing a specific genotype or phenotype
Pipeline of Metabolomics study:
Alignment tools for this include:
XCMS (R code script), and Metalign
Metabolomics databases for searching the potential candidates biomarkers:
- metlin -http://metlin.scripps.edu/metabo_search_alt2.php
- Metfusion: http://msbi.ipb-halle.de/MetFusion/
No blog posts
There is no group activity yet
No pages created yet
No news posts
No fun posts
No videos posted yet.
No tryst yet